Forget a roundup – this here is a link rodeo! It’s a collection of cool/exciting/delicious food news, recipes, and more that we’ve encountered recently. Yeehaw. Or something.
This week’s rodeo is corralled by a basil leaf.
- Tips: How to Freeze Basil (and ideas on how to use it) from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Breakfast: Summer Squash Shakshuka with Baked Eggs from The Kitchn
- Lunch: Tomato Basil Mozzarella Bites from us!
- Dinner: Easy Thai-Style Beef with Basil and Chilies from Serious Eats
- Dessert: Chocolate Cupcakes with Basil Buttercream from Eats Well with Others
- Drink: Cucumber Basil Gin and Tonic from Host the Toast
She lives in the Bay Area and cites her diverse background as her biggest influence: her visual artist mom is half-Chinese, half-Greek, and from Hawai’i; her film-loving, world-music curating dad is from Montana; and she lived in both California and Montana while growing up. She loves at least a little bit about virtually everything (Pokémon Snap included) and aims to be a Jane of all trades. By day Cat is a multiple-hat-wearing media person.
She is also allergic to felines.