Forget a roundup – this here is a link rodeo! It’s a collection of cool/exciting/delicious food news, recipes, and more that we’ve encountered recently. Yeehaw. Or something.
This week’s rodeo is hosted by port wine.
(Delicious looking image from Sprinkle Bakes).
1. The Serious Eats Guide to Port Wine.
2. Port and Tonic, from The Kitchn.
3. Fig and Port Wine Compote from Food Network.
4. Wine Lolipops (!!!) from Sprinkle Bakes.
5. Pears in Port Wine Sauce from Easy Portuguese Recipes.
While I was throwing this together, I realized how much I like port wine. I mean… look:
– Cranberry Port Sauce over Chicken with Gorgonzola
– Soy Sauce Chicken
– Mongolian Chicken
– Chicken Au Gratin
– Carmelized Onion and Gorgonzola Cups
– Baby Beef Wellingtons
She lives in the Bay Area and cites her diverse background as her biggest influence: her visual artist mom is half-Chinese, half-Greek, and from Hawai’i; her film-loving, world-music curating dad is from Montana; and she lived in both California and Montana while growing up. She loves at least a little bit about virtually everything (Pokémon Snap included) and aims to be a Jane of all trades. By day Cat is a multiple-hat-wearing media person.
She is also allergic to felines.