Once I made all ninety billion pounds of the basic pulled pork, I needed to use it before it spoiled (I didn’t really want to freeze it – something about the challenge was exciting for me). 🙂
On the agenda: BBQ Pork Pizza.
Thankfully it was quite simple and the homemade crust came together quickly, as usual.
Here’s a bonus photo of Cheeto dreaming of pizza.
Hope you enjoy it!
First, make your thin crust pizza dough:
- ¾ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Parchment paper
- Combine yeast and warm water in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add 1½ teaspoons of salt, two cups of flour, and knead until smooth (about 5-8 minutes).
- Cover and set aside.
Next, assemble your pizza:
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded, pulled pork
- ½ cup of your favorite pre-made bbq sauce
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut dough into two equal halves and roll out into 2 large disks ¼ inches thick.
- Move dough to separate baking sheets.
- In a separate small bowl, mix ¼ cup of the bbq sauce in with your pulled pork.
- Paint the pizza dough with the remaining bbq sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle pork, onion, bell pepper, and pineapple chunks evenly over the pizzas.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the dough is done.
- Serve & enjoy!
She lives in the Bay Area and cites her diverse background as her biggest influence: her visual artist mom is half-Chinese, half-Greek, and from Hawai’i; her film-loving, world-music curating dad is from Montana; and she lived in both California and Montana while growing up. She loves at least a little bit about virtually everything (Pokémon Snap included) and aims to be a Jane of all trades. By day Cat is a multiple-hat-wearing media person.
She is also allergic to felines.