I recently used Cat’s pizza dough recipe to make fresh pizza for the first time and discovered just how amazingly simple it was.
It was easily as quick as any other usual dinner I make, and, IT’S PIZZA!
So naturally I now I have to make a million pizzas of various kinds, first being a super delicious Taco Pizza!
- Large Pizza Crust (pre-made, this recipe, or another one of your favorites)
- ⅓ cup enchilada sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup Mexican mixed cheese
- ½ pound ground beef, browned with your favorite seasonings
- ½ cup canned corn
- ½ cup black beans
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 2 tablespoons green chilies
- After Baking:
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sour Cream
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Paint your dough with the enchilada sauce and cover with half of each cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle each of your toppings over your pizza and then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top slices with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, or guacamole.
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…