When life (Riley) gave us lemons a couple of weeks ago it was like the world was our oyster, so many options, so many things we could make.
We made a G-d Damn Lemon Tart, I squeezed a bunch for some fresh and tart lemonade, and for some reason, the idea of a really lemon-ey chicken sounded really good to me.
As usual, I was right! The chicken was tart and flavorful and moist and a great addition to our plates.
- 3 lemons
- 10 garlic cloves
- 6 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Slice all the lemons into rings, and place enough to cover the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place your chicken on top of the lemon slices, and then cover with the remaining lemon.
- Roughly chop the garlic and throw into the crock pot, sprinkle the pepper over it all.
- Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 7 hours.
- Serve with a side of veggies and a carb of your choice.
We served this over some garlic alfredo pasta with sauteed green beans and the Onion Tart.
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…