First off I know what you’re thinking, “ANOTHER PEANUT BUTTER RECIPE!?.” Yes, just one more until the wonderful fall recipes start showing up.
I have always been on the search for my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. There’s loads of recipes, some better than others, but I didn’t have a go to all time favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. Until now. I found this cookie recipe from Lou Lou Girls on Pinterest. I was intrigued and skeptical about it being THE BEST Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. What makes it THE BEST? Reading the recipe, the one thing I found most attractive about it is it’s not a typical press it with a fork recipe. Scoop into balls, roll in sugar, and bake. Other than that it doesn’t seem like anything special, just another peanut butter cookie recipe.
So I made them, I ate them. What do I think? The Best Peanut Butter Cookies, EVER. This is hands down my most favorite peanut butter cookie recipe I’ve ever made. The ends get just a little crispy, while the rest is still soft and chewy. They melt in your mouth. Great peanut butter flavor and sweet without being to sweet. The type of cookie you could easily eat 10 without realizing it.
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- Extra sugar for rolling dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cookie sheets with a non-stick spray, or use siltpat
- Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside
- Cream together the sugars, shortening, butter, and peanut butter
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined
- Add the dry ingredients
- Scoop the cookie dough into tablespoon size balls and roll in sugar
- Place on the cookie sheets- DO NOT criss cross with a fork in normal “peanut butter cookie” fashion.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
She enjoys fresh pasta, creamy cheesy risotto, fresh churned gelato right out of the machine, and peanut butter cups. She absolutely despises cilantro and walnuts. Her favorite kitchen utensils are whisks and offset spatulas.
When she is not in the kitchen you can find her being lazy with her cats and polishing her nails.