I’ve been craving Rice Crispy Treats for a while now, and honestly I don’t think I would ever turn them down.
This week though, with Autumn upon us, I knew I wanted to add a little twist.
I found the Pumpkin Spice marshmallows in my grocery store and thought, “Perfect!”
These treats couldn’t have been any easier or quicker.
I highly suggest whipping these up for a snack, a dessert, or for bringing to any get-together in the Fall and Winter seasons.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 ounces Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- Melt the butter in a medium sized pot over medium head.
- Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until completely melted and remove from heat.
- Add the puffed rice cereal and stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture into a large buttered/greased glass baking dish and spread evenly, pressing down with a greased spatula.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until chilled.
- Cut into squares of desired size and enjoy!
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…