I love smoothies, I used to drink them a lot more as a child (they were a favorite of my mom’s), but I don’t make them as often any more. Somehow I just forget they exist!
When I do decide to break out the blender, this smoothie is what I’m usually craving.
It’s thick and creamy and great for breakfast on the go.
- 1 banana
- 3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 cups milk
- Break up the banana into chunks and place in a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend at a high speed until smooth.
- Adjust thickness with additional milk or peanut butter if not at your desired consistency.
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…
Latest posts by Brie (see all)
- Restaurant Review: Pho1 Noodle House - July 27, 2015
- Top 3 Things I Learned in One Semester of Culinary School - July 20, 2015
- Strawberry Margarita Cake - July 13, 2015