I threw this quick dinner together a few nights ago without realizing just how delicious it was going to turn out.
This casserole was incredibly tasty, very filling, cheap, and above all, super easy.
I highly recommend trying this any night of the week.
- 1 box Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 can chili
- Frozen tater tots, enough to cover the casserole
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the boxes direction and mix in the can of chili.
- Spread the mac and chili cheese mixture into a large glass baking dish on top of which arrange the frozen tater tots in rows.
- Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle the top evenly with cheese, and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…