This last Friday Brandie had the genius craving for potatoes and I thought a loaded potato bar with some kind of meat would be perfect.
Bake a large russet potato for each person, and put out plenty of your favorite toppings, and you’re done!
This meal was so satisfying and so delicious and so easy!
- 1 Large Russet Potato for each person
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and pat dry.
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle the skin with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pierce each potato with a fork a couple of times.
- Cover large baking tray with tin foil and place the potatoes on that.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes or until inserting a fork, the insides are tender.
Prepare your favorite potato toppings; we included butter, seasonings (garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper and Spike), sour cream, green onions, and fresh bacon pieces.
This is a great meal for a weeknight as well because the most effort you have to put forward, is scrubbing the potatoes!
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…