Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are one of those things that kids notoriously hate. I couldn’t really remember ever having them as a child, but that perception of “SPROUTS ARE BAAAD” stuck in my mind.
Conversely, Mark loves the things. Eventually I got around to stealing some off of his plate and realized that I had been totally missing out.
This recipe in particular is delicious. The Brussels sprouts turn out plump, flavorful, and lightly sweet.
For best results, plan ahead to soak your sprouts (as mentioned in the recipe below). If you don’t have time, you can get away with shortening or skipping that step, but for best results they should soak for the full three hours.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and soak in a medium bowl of water for about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain sprouts and mix together with pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and oil in a medium bowl.
- Place face down on a baking sheet and bake for 15-25 minutes or until lightly golden on the underside.
- Drizzle with honey and vinegar and serve.