This is the kind of appetizer that you set down, leave for just one moment, and discover it is ALL GONE.
Visitors to my house hover in the kitchen while waiting for it to come out of the oven. Then we all burn our finger tips while trying to take those too hot first bites.
But golly, is it ever tasty. Worth every single calorie.
- 2 loaves thin baguette bread (sliced thin, about ½")
- ½ cup olive oil
- 16 oz crumbled Gorgonzola
- 7 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lay out the sliced baguette on two baking pans and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Bake until the bread is lightly golden, about 5-7 minutes.
- Generously sprinkle the Gorgonzola over the toast slices.
- Bake for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is just melted.
- Drizzle honey over toasts and serve immediately.
She lives in the Bay Area and cites her diverse background as her biggest influence: her visual artist mom is half-Chinese, half-Greek, and from Hawai’i; her film-loving, world-music curating dad is from Montana; and she lived in both California and Montana while growing up. She loves at least a little bit about virtually everything (Pokémon Snap included) and aims to be a Jane of all trades. By day Cat is a multiple-hat-wearing media person.
She is also allergic to felines.