Craving a creamy pasta sauce, but don’t want to invest the time into making it authentic? Check out my superquick shortcut recipe for a FAST, flavorful sauce to put on your pasta (or to dip your bread in – yum!).
This started as a “Cat is lazy and out of jarred Alfredo” recipe, but evolved into something that’s actually tasty enough to serve to company.
Hope you like it!
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons squeeze-bottle garlic
- 1 teaspoon "Italian seasonings" mix (or any garlic and herb, mixed herb, Spike, etc type spice mix)
- A dash of pepper (to taste)
- A dash of salt (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⅓ cups ricotta
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in garlic, seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in heavy cream and ricotta.
- Once combined and heated through, serve over the pasta of your choice.
She lives in the Bay Area and cites her diverse background as her biggest influence: her visual artist mom is half-Chinese, half-Greek, and from Hawai’i; her film-loving, world-music curating dad is from Montana; and she lived in both California and Montana while growing up. She loves at least a little bit about virtually everything (Pokémon Snap included) and aims to be a Jane of all trades. By day Cat is a multiple-hat-wearing media person.
She is also allergic to felines.