We’re big fans of egg salad around here and seemed fitting for Easter Sunday when we didn’t do much else.
It’s a super simple meal but deeply satisfying, and besides for the annoyance of peeling the eggs, very quick and easy.
I like to think that my recipe is particularly good (everyone always wants seconds), so I suggest you give it a try.
- 3 hard boiled eggs per person
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise per person
- ½ teaspoon grainey spicy brown mustard per person
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder per person
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion per person
- Slice eggs and mix and mash in a bowl with remaining ingredients until fully combined and egg pieces are aesthetically pleasing to you.
- Spread about ½ cup - ¾ cup mixture on your favorite bread (I suggest potato) with crisp lettuce. Cut in half or diagonally, and enjoy!
I suggest you use mine and Alton Brown’s preferred egg boiling method, works every time.
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…