I’ve always been a fan of meatloaf, even the cafeteria kind that everyone else seemed to dread. I love frozen microwavable meatloaf, Italian meatloaf, meatloaf wrapped in bacon, 2 day old meatloaf; its just such a simple and classic food.
This is my classic meatloaf recipe that’s been tweaked and perfected over the last ten years. It’s a good one to play around with too if you want to throw in some shredded Parmesan or lay some strips of bacon on top, you could even skip the sauce and coat it in Hoisin for a more Asian flair.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 Eggs lightly whisked
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 large onion - diced
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 Tablespoons ketchup
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place all ingredients for the meatloaf into a large bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Divide into two and shape into loafs on a large baking sheet with raised edges.
- Spoon sauce equally onto both loafs and spread evenly over the top allowing it to drip down the edges.
- Place into oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Pull out of oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
Just give this a try and I’m confident you’ll be hooked.
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…