Sometimes the only thing that will hit the spot is a good bowl of curry. Hot day, cold day – I just have a craving once in awhile and it doesn’t go away until I’ve gotten my hands on some.
If you’ve never made curry before – never fear! This is just as easy as any other crockpot recipe – just assemble your ingredients, drop ‘em in the crockpot, and it’s good to eat in just a few hours.
I like to serve this with basmati or jasmine rice. It’s not only a good way to stretch the serving size if you have unexpected guests, it’s also just plain yummy.
Feel free to adjust the amount of heat (Sriracha) as you see fit. Mark likes it spicier than I do, while Brie prefers things as mild as possible.
Whatever you do, get this creamy, melt-in your mouth flavor-bomb of a comfort food into your life as soon as possible. You won’t regret it.
- Crockpot liner
- 13.5 oz can of coconut milk (the creamy, thick kind - make sure that you don't accidentally pick up coconut water)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 frozen chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons squeeze bottle ginger
- 4 Tablespoons squeeze bottle garlic
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ Tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- ½ chopped eggplant
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Line your Crockpot with a plastic liner for easy cleanup.
- Combine spices, coconut milk, and tomato paste in the bottom of the crockpot - stir well.
- Add the chicken and flip it a few times to coat it with sauce.
- Cover with garbanzo beans and vegetables.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken and stir in heavy cream.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
She lives in the Bay Area and cites her diverse background as her biggest influence: her visual artist mom is half-Chinese, half-Greek, and from Hawai’i; her film-loving, world-music curating dad is from Montana; and she lived in both California and Montana while growing up. She loves at least a little bit about virtually everything (Pokémon Snap included) and aims to be a Jane of all trades. By day Cat is a multiple-hat-wearing media person.
She is also allergic to felines.
Latest posts by Cat (see all)
- Thursday Link Rodeo - January 22, 2015
- Quick & Easy Meals for When You’ve Thrown Your Back Out - January 21, 2015
- Thursday Link Rodeo - January 15, 2015