I realize that honey mustard chicken is probably more popular than honey mustard potatoes, but you’ve got to try these before you judge.
They’re just bursting with flavor and whenever I make them, people in my house clamor to get first dibs on a big plateful.
Since it’s cooked up Crockpot style, the whole process is insanely easy. And if you’re wanting to add a little protein and call it a one-pot meal, throw in a few frozen chicken breasts and take out the chicken broth (as pictured). Whisk the Crockpot juices together with about a Tablespoon of cornstarch on medium heat until thickened and you have a flavorful dipping sauce too!
- 1 Crockpot liner
- 4 large potatoes, washed and cut into 1½ inch cubes (skin on)
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth (or two or three frozen chicken breasts)
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder (trust me)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Line Crockpot with plastic liner for easy cleanup.
- Chuck the carrots and potatoes into the Crockpot.
- Whisk together chicken broth, honey, mustard, curry powder, salt, and pepper and pour over vegetables.
- Stir gently to coat evenly with sauce.
- Cook on high for four hours and enjoy!
She lives in the Bay Area and cites her diverse background as her biggest influence: her visual artist mom is half-Chinese, half-Greek, and from Hawai’i; her film-loving, world-music curating dad is from Montana; and she lived in both California and Montana while growing up. She loves at least a little bit about virtually everything (Pokémon Snap included) and aims to be a Jane of all trades. By day Cat is a multiple-hat-wearing media person.
She is also allergic to felines.