As I sit here typing this, the smell of weekend grilling and barbecue is wafting in through the open windows.
Its truly tantalizing.
I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite summer barbecue side dishes is a really good potato salad.
I like mine really creamy with a little bit of a bite, and a mellow after taste.
- 10 golden potatos
- 6 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cyan powder
- Dice the potatoes into small cubes and boil until fork tender. Drain and cool.
- Once the potatoes are cool, place into a large bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix until will combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Serve immediately or cool in the fridge for at least two hours for best results.
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…