Who goes to Red Lobster for something besides the biscuits? If you say you do, I won’t believe you. Did you know you can make those delicious cheddar and garlic filled biscuits at home? Yep, that’s right, in your very own kitchen. I think they are even better than the ones at the restaurant, especially straight from the oven. The Qwerty Crew had them a few weeks ago on our unintentional fry everything night. Cat made oh my gosh so good super crunchy onion rings, and Chinese pancakes, and Brie made the double crunch honey garlic chicken. These buttery biscuits just added to the richness of the night.
I have tried a few different variations of the cheddar bay biscuit recipes, but this one is by far my favorite. They are so quick and simple to make, you’ll want to have them every night. You just mix them up, drop them on the baking sheet, and bake. No rolling, kneading or cutting out. I used my 2 oz cup cake scoop to scoop, and it was the perfect amount. If you don’t have a scoop you can purchase one on Amazon or use your 1/4 cup measure. If you want an even quicker recipe for these biscuits you can try this recipe, it uses Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix. They are still very good, but they are a little more dense in my opinion.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup milk OR buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne (if using).
- In a measuring cup, mix together butter and milk, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until it just comes together then fold in the cheese. You can mix this by hand, or use a mixer if you like ( I used my mixer)
- Now scoop out onto a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minuets, or until golden brown all around.
- While the biscuits are cooking mix the topping together
- When the biscuits come out of the oven brush the tops with the mixture.
She enjoys fresh pasta, creamy cheesy risotto, fresh churned gelato right out of the machine, and peanut butter cups. She absolutely despises cilantro and walnuts. Her favorite kitchen utensils are whisks and offset spatulas.
When she is not in the kitchen you can find her being lazy with her cats and polishing her nails.