This is by far the laziest party food in my recipe arsenal, but the end result is both beautiful AND delicious.
I’ve made it for years (since childhood, if you count summers with one of my wonderful aunts) – see exhibits A & B:
You’re going to think I’m lying when you see the ingredient list… but this thing gets rave reviews pretty every time I show up with it.
It’s fast. It’s relatively cheap. And easy as all hell. Honestly, the thing is delicious in that familiar kind of way, and the visual pop of the berries against the white topping is just… lovely. Classic, even.
If you’re feeling extra slovenly, just grab a pre-baked angel food cake from your local supermarket (Hey! No judging! Also – please don’t tell anyone – shhh!).
- 1 Box Angel Food Cake Mix
- Fresh summer berries in red and blue hues (I used a cup each of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
- An extra large container of Cool Whip
- Prepare the Angel Food cake according to the instructions on the box. It typically only requires adding water(!!!). Make sure to bake in bundt pan.
- Allow cake to cool while you rinse and prepare the berries (slice strawberries, if you’d like).
- Spread a generous layer of Cool Whip all over the cake.
- Apply berries in a fashion that you find pleasing to the eye.
- Add extra Cool Whip in the bundt-hole (sounds terribly inappropriate, doesn’t it?) and toss in your extra berries to create a pretty column of yum in the middle of the cake.
- Serve & enjoy.