An ex boyfriend volunteered me to make a dessert for a dinner party at a professional colleagues house. I wanted to try something a little new, but still simple. I’d had a handful of Pampered Chef recipe cards for about a decade, but never really explored any of them. This Chocolate Mousse Cake just jumped out at me!
Who doesn’t love chocolate?
… well that’s a lie, I’m not the biggest chocolate fan, but this was so moist and delicious!
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix together nuts and butter, press along the bottom and up the sides of a 9" springform pan.
- In a medium saucepan heat chocolate and cream over medium low heat stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl slowly beat together eggs and vanilla until foamy. At a high speed gradually beat in flour and sugar until thick. About 8 minutes.
- Fold one third of the egg mixture into your melted chocolate mixture. Add the rest of your egg to your chocolate slowly about a quarter at a time.
- Spread the batter into your pan on top of the nuts.
- Bake for 45 minutes and puffed around the edges.
- Leave cake in pan on wire rack to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the sides from the pan and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Garnish with the whipped cream and raspberries as it pleases your eye, and serve!
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…