Cabbage Crunch Salad
This cabbage crunch salad has been around since I can remember. It always made an appearance at family events. My biggest memory of it is how much it makes. My mom would put it in this big blue and white metal bowl, it was the biggest bowl we had. When I was a kid, my favorite part of the salad was pulling out the biggest pieces of crunchy ramen noodles I could find. I now love everything about this salad. It’s great for bringing to parties or just making for dinner. Adam and I like to use different flavors of ramen and different meats. One of our most favorite combinations is pork ramen flavoring with Chinese BBQ pork.
The best things about making this salad is that you can prep everything ahead of time and just toss it together when you are ready for it. It is also good the next day, the ramen noodles get soft but soak up all the flavor of the dressing.
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 4 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 packages of Top Ramen Noodles, Chicken flavor, uncooked, broken up
- 1 cup oil (I have used olive, canola, and vegetable oil, which ever you prefer)
- 2-3 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons red wine vinegar (6 Tablespoons is just a splash over ⅓ cup)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 packages of chicken flavoring from the ramen noodle packs
- Combine cabbage, carrots and green onions in a large bowl then put it in the fridge
- In a separate bowl mix together the ramen noodles, sesame seeds, and almonds
- For the dressing mix together all the ingredients except the oil and whisk well. Add the oil and whisk again. I used my lovely little dressing bottle to shake it all together.
- When you are ready to serve toss all the components together and enjoy