Writing for Qwerty Cafe can often help push me to be more creative, feeding my friends on Friday nights can also help.
A couple of weeks ago I had fun making these tasty suckers.
They didn’t include very many ingredients and were pretty simple to assemble.
I think it these “egg rolls” would be a showstopper at any party or gathering; the perfectly impressive contribution for a pot luck!
- 1 package large square egg roll wonton wrappers
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded (or 16 oz shredded chicken)
- 1 cup generic buffalo sauce, or Franks Red Hot sauce
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup packaged (dry) broccoli slaw
- Oil for frying, vegetable or corn
- Mix the shredded chicken in a bowl with the buffalo sauce and allow to so sit in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Follow the egg roll rolling technique on the packaging using reasonable chunk of chicken, a couple of teaspoons of blue cheese, and pinch of the slaw in each roll.
- Once all the egg rolls are assembled, heat about 2 inches of oil to 350 degrees and fry each roll until they reach a golden brown that makes you happy.
Dip these in some blue cheese or ranch dressing, and you’re golden!
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…