I made these a little while ago, but as summer starts to run to an end, I’m reminded of how important it is to barbecue all the meat.
We very unfortunately still don’t have a barbecue so I’m forced to make it work in our oven, which is fine because it still comes out delicious and tender and amazing!
You too can have deliciously wonderful barbecue without having to go outside!
- 2 racks of beef back ribs
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat your oven to 315 degrees, and line a large baking tray with aluminum foil placing a cooling rack on top. (this circulates the heat around the ribs)
- Pat the ribs dry, mix all the spices together, and pat evening into the ribs all over.
- Place the ribs onto the tray and bake in the oven for about an hour.
- Cover the ribs with aluminum foil and return to the oven for another hour.
- Brush the ribs with the barbecue sauce, and then return to the oven for a half hour.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and brush with barbecue sauce again.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes, cut the ribs apart, and serve!
I suggest serving with fresh corn on the cob and baked sweet potato fries!
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…