Who doesn’t love a delicious breakfast sandwich?
But buying them from Jack in the Box or McDonald’s can get expensive quick, and inconvenient if you’re not already on your way somewhere.
I absolutely love making my own at home because I can control exactly what goes into it, and it’s so super satisfying.
Breakfast sandwiches are also really versatile in terms of what kind of ingredients you have on hand, anything is possible!
They’re so quick and easy I can make them and take them on the road with me, or just enjoy them at home on a Saturday morning.
- 1 onion bun (lightly toasted)
- 1 frozen hashbrown (cooked according to package direction)
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 2 eggs (fried to your preference)
- 4 slices thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- Place cheese on top of each egg as they come out of the pan and stack on the bottom half of the bun.
- Top with bacon, hashbrown and other half of bun.
- Eat immediately, or wrap in parchment paper and tin foil to enjoy in the car or another location.
*Fun Fact: When she was 10-13ish, only 1 out of every 5 batches of sugar cookie dough would make it past the butter/sugar stage and end up in the oven instead of Brie’s stomach. #ThisIsWhyI’mFat
P.S. She also set the microwave on fire during the same era while making home-made microwavable popcorn. Pro tip: Alton Brown is WRONG and you cannot put a paper bag with staples into the microwave; things will go badly.
P.P.S Happy ending. Even though to put out the fire she threw a bowl of water onto it and shorted all the circuits, the microwave started working after a week and her mom was non-the-wiser.
P.P.P.S But, I guess not any longer…