Another side dish from Mark’s French-inspired birthday, this lovely salad didn’t get as much attention as it deserved only because of the 20,000 other decadent dishes served that day.
Lovely and sweet, crisp and flavorful – it’s definitely a special occasion food.
- 1 tart apple
- ⅔ cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon squeeze bottle ginger
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups olive oil
- Place ingredients into a sealable container and shake until well combined.
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 4 large steamed beets, chopped
- 2 large apples, chopped
- 4 large pears, chopped
- 1 cup apple champagne dressing (see above for recipe)
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 12 cup Gorgonzola
- Toss together tomatoes, beets, apple, pears, and dressing. Serve over bed of baby spinach and sprinkle with Gorgonzola.
She lives in the Bay Area and cites her diverse background as her biggest influence: her visual artist mom is half-Chinese, half-Greek, and from Hawai’i; her film-loving, world-music curating dad is from Montana; and she lived in both California and Montana while growing up. She loves at least a little bit about virtually everything (Pokémon Snap included) and aims to be a Jane of all trades. By day Cat is a multiple-hat-wearing media person.
She is also allergic to felines.